Every year companies must submit an annual return. It can easily be done through the online registry, and only takes a few minutes – especially if you have no changes to make. If you do not submit an annual return on time you will have to pay late fees. If you fail to submit an annual return for 6 months, your company will be removed from the register.
We prepare the Annual Return required to be filed at Companies House, giving full details of the company name, directors, secretary, registered office and shareholdings, within the necessary time limits to avoid penalties being levied on directors.
The annual return is required to provide details of the share capital, shareholders and officers of the company at a designated date, being the company’s annual return date. The annual return is usually filed with a copy of the company’s statutory financial statements covering a relevant statutory accounting period.Annual General Meeting (‘AGM’)
In addition to the requirement to file an annual return in the CRO, the Act imposes a requirement to hold an AGM every year within prescribed timelines. Certain companies can decide not to hold a physical AGM and in such cases a resolution of all the members is required to deal with the business of the AGM. The business to be considered at an AGM will differ on a company by company basis, depending on its corporate constitution.Maintenance of Statutory Registers
The Companies Act also imposes obligations on directors to ensure that proper books and records, such as statutory registers and minutes of all director and shareholder meetings, are kept.Our Advice and Assistance
- Company incorporation – Irish and UK Companies
- External company registration
- Name changes
- Re-registrations, for example limited to unlimited and vice versa
- Group restructuring
- Company reduction and dissolutions
- Director disclosure, retirement and removal provisions
- Letterhead and website disclosure requirements.
- Training on Company Secretarial duties and obligations
- Meeting/Reporting Secretary
- Registered office address facility
- Process agent facility
- Stamp duty relief claims
- Company Secretarial Health check
- Business name registration
- Helpline service
- Document monitoring.
- Share transfers
- Share allotments
- Redemptions of shares
- Share re-organizations
- Rectification of registers.